Be sure to have a registered professional perform your gas safety checks

Gas Safety Checks

Servicing and safety checks are carried out in accordance with manufacturers instructions. On completion you will receive a Gas Safety Certificate and be aware of any faults on your appliance. A Gas Safe registered engineer should fully service your boiler at least once a year. This will give you piece of mind that your boiler is both safe and reliable. It will also help maintain the warranty on your boiler.

You require professional gas safety checks if you are;

  • A landlord
  • A housing association
  • A local authority
  • A hotel, hostel or B&B owner
  • An educational establishment, such as a school or college


Landlord Gas Safety Checks

Landlords are responsible for ensuring that all of their occupied properties have at least an annual gas safety check. To verify that the property is safe, a gas safety certificate will be issued following the check . This applies to all gas appliances in the property, not just boilers. A gas safety certificate will be required before a tenancy can commence within a property. The certificate will be valid from the date of the check. For more information, read Regulation (36)(1) of the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998.